Ottawa’s Real Estate Marketplace ~ November 2019 Edition

Review of October 2019 in Ottawa Real Estate 

During the month of October 2019, members of the Ottawa Real Estate Board sold 1,607 residential properties,  compared to 1,375 in Oct 2018, an increase of 16.9% in the number of properties sold vs the previous year.

It took an average of 44 days for properties of all types to sell in October 2019 which is 16 days shorter than the average in Oct 2018 and 3 days longer than the month before, Sept 2019.  

Of these 1,607 sales, 1,211 were freehold houses, and 396 were condominiums. 

The average sales price for a freehold house sold in October 2019, was $483,405 showing an increase of 7.6% over Oct 2018.  While condominium average prices rose 18.3% from last year to $319,208.  1,725 new properties were listed for sale in October 2019, bringing the total number of properties for sale to 2,935 a decrease of 25.9% from Oct of last year.

To read the full report with charts or see the 60 year history of Ottawa real estate visit our website.


Information according to the Ottawa Real Estate Board and attributed to all Members of OREB® through the Board’s Multiple Listing Service®

What's your take?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.